Your Kids Teeth and Summer
It’s summer in Independence and you know what that means! The kids are out of school and summer activities have begun! ABC Dental has some helpful tips and advice to help keep your kids from damaging their teeth in Independence this summer. Accidents are bound to happen and taking precaution and fast action can make or break your summer if a dental emergency in Independence arises.
- Athletic kids may suffer from unusual tooth wear and should see their dentist on a regular basis.
- Custom fitted mouth guards are great for kids who take part in contact and non-contact sports such as little league baseball, soccer, football, basketball and even tennis.
- Seek emergency dental treatment immediately if a tooth is knocked loose or falls out.
- If a tooth is knocked out, take caution no to touch the root. Replanting the tooth back into the socket is ideal, even if it’s only part way. If the tooth suffers from contamination, gently wash it with milk. Get to your dentist will the tooth in milk as soon as possible.
- Make sure your kids are not skipping their brushing and flossing routines. They may forget since they no longer have that “school routine” in place.
- Try to skip out on all of the sugary snacks this summer. Studies show that frequent snacking on sugary sweets can cause an increase of tooth decay. Sugars create an acid when mixed with plaque that eat at your kid’s teeth.
- Fresh Fruit
- Raw Veggies
Okay On Occasion Snacks
- Oatmeal or Butter Cookies
- Ice Cream
- Soda Pop
- Dried Fruits
- Granola Bars
- Sticky Candy
- Potato Chips
- Fruit Rollups
ABC Dental is committed to providing the best dental care for your kids in Independence, Missouri. We have an amazing team of qualified dental professionals who will create a positive experience for you and your kids.
If you are in need of kids dental work in Independence, Missouri contact our office now! Here at ABC Dental we provide routine cleanings, emergency dental care, and restorative dental care and x-ray services.