Oral Hygiene For a More Confident You!
A consistent oral hygiene routine every morning and every evening is key to optimal health. This, in addition to regular dentist office visits, helps develop not only strong teeth and gums, but also overall good health. You’ll feel good, look great, and help prevent needless bills!
You’re also like to experience an improvement in many of your day-to-day social interactions. The majority of people consider the smile the first facial feature they notice.
It’s easy once you understand the basic routines required to maintain good dental hygiene.
Here are some fun facts to help you get started:
- Daily cleaning of your teeth, gums, and tongue, combined with annual check-ups helps ward off harmful bacteria and microbes that may cause tooth decay, bleeding gums, and oral infections.
- Say cheese! The calcium and phosphorous found in cheese is healthy for your teeth – it reduces the pH level in plaque and re-mineralizes the enamel.
- The average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day, the recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
- To maintain optimal oral health, adults should brush their teeth at least twice a day, preferably after each meal and before going to bed.
- Flossing is also an essential part of an adult’s daily oral hygiene regimen. Regular brushing and flossing can prevent unpleasant conditions, such as plaque and bad odor.
And don’t forget the “not so fun” facts…
- Periodontal (gum) disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults.
- 60% of people who don’t know that a sore jaw, when combined with chest pain, can signal a heart attack-especially in women
- People who drink 3 or more sugary sodas daily have 62% more dental decay.
- Research says that people with periodontal disease (Gum disease) are at higher risk for developing heart disease, stroke, uncontrolled diabetes, pre-term births and respiratory disease.
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease as those without disease.
Here at ABC Dental in Independence, we have a team of qualified dental professionals committed to providing quality dental care for the entire family. Our friendly and compassionate staff is here to help you with good oral health habits for a lifetime of healthy smiles.